CPa Medical Billing (CPaMB) was brought into Client to assist with the revenue cycle management. The client was in financial despair with only 9 days cash on hand, a ballooning Accounts Receivable, and an internal billing department which had fallen months behind with charge entry and payment and denial entry. Within two months of working with the client, CPaMB was asked to take over the entire revenue cycle management piece for the client.
CPaMB’s initial findings included (but not limited to):
- Poor workflow processes for electronic capture of charge entry
- Delay in remit payment and denial postings
- Lack of A/R followup
- Credentialing issues with many third party payers
- Referral/Prior Authorization issues for many services
- Provider signoff of office notes and billing charges
CPaMB’s knowledge of the GE Centricity Practice Solution (CPS)along with it experienced billing staff has been able to make dramatic improvements in most processes. Some of these include:
- 95% of all charges are captured within 48 hours
- Remit payment and denial postings are processed daily
- Any denials/rejections are reviewed with 24 hours of receipt
- Worked with provider staff around getting referrals and prior authorizations resulting in great improvements
CPaMB has become the offsite Billing Department and a true partner in assuring success for the practice. Our commitment to providing high quality, detail oriented, customer friendly services, has resulted in a dramatic improvement in cash flow, a reduced accounts receivable, and the ability to stabilize the financial health of the organization.
We have truly become their Financial Health Provider!!